Wednesday 23 July 2008

Not very good at this blogging business. Doesnt feel very natural, bit like keeping a diary, which was something that never really appealed to me.

Its raining here, which is probably down to it being rainy season. The Koreans manage to combine rainy season with hot season, which makes it a pretty silly place to my mind.

Apparently Seoul is the 5th most expensive place for expats. I can sorta see why - Western foods and drinks are not so cheap and certain items like fruit and carrots seem pretty expensive. also, land and rent is very expensive. however, as my flat is paid for and i like korean food, i reckon for me it is pretty cheap here. just have to avoid the Rice Krispies - at $17 a packet, they would be an expensive habit. But hey, a pint of beer is $2.50, so just replace Rice Krispies with beer.

Think the Koreans need to try to be more original. They love two things - working very hard and copying things, neither of which are conducive to originality. I think I work hard when I do 8hours in a day, but some of my kids are in classes from 9am-9pm, followed by homework, and this is at their holidays. Also,all the cars are grey, white, silver or black. and i mean all of them

No comments: